Tuesday, May 18, 2010


So I have been hanging out at Spider House Cafe lately, if you live in Austin and haven't been here then you should check it out! Anyway, yesterday I heard a mom explain dehydration to her 4ish year old son. Convo went like this:

Kid: "I feel weird, I want a soda"
Mom: "you are dehydrated you need water. It will make you feel better."
Kid after drinking some water: "wow! I do feel better, but I want a soda."
Mom: "You can't have a soda. Just drink some more water, your body is made up of water not soda."
Kid: "Weird"

I know this is a silly conversation to share, but It made me think of the imagination of kids. It blew this kids mind that he was made of water. It was cute.

On another note, I am behind on my sketch of the day drawings... As usual. I am trying to get better at sketching everyday, but first I need to catch up. So I am work
ing on two weeks at once. My idea for week 12 came from a reusable grocery bag from Germany.
Sketch of my German Bag:
The theme is "Unnatural Animal Behavior". I think it is humorous the way people can portray animals some times. Here is an example:

drawing of a cat dressed like a frog (based on an actual photo I found)

No comments:

Post a Comment